Skip to main content

JHUD (that's her twitter name)

Jennifer Hudson's weight loss has been the topic of many a discussion. Jen has gone from supersized (not that she was big in the first place) to superskinny.

When I first saw the new trim Jen I remember thinking "wow Jennifer's lost so much weight" and not being sure whether or not I liked the new look. When I could see the beauty that is Jennifer still existed in her face, I decided ok, maybe she looks alright but now I think she's in danger of becoming a lollypop head; you know that syndrome when you lose too much weight and your extra skinny body has to hold up your rather large head (which hasn't lost any weight whatsoever).

It seems to me that Jennifer has lost even more weight. Isn't there a point where you just say, "ok I look good let's just maintain this". People take diets too far. I'm all for doing what feels right for you. Jen wanted to lose weight and good for her, she's done it but at some point don't you have to say stop?!

I saw an advert with Jennifer the other day. She was singing her rendition of "Feeling Good" and I was like, "yes girl sing it. I can't wait to get this album". So imagine I wait until the end of the advert to see the release date, only to find that this advert isn't about her forthcoming album at all. It's about flipping weight watchers....sigh.

I suppose at the end of it all the most important thing is that Jen is happy. I just hope she doesn't take this weight loss thing too far. There's no disputing though, Jen's voice is still BIG!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. u know what she looks alright in this pic, and i recall the weight watchers advert she don't look to skinny. but then i don't remember what she looked like before. lol u shud do a before and after pic. and about her being happy, well i doubt it some how, its not easy being a star, constantly being judged a very much doubt she is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought Jen looked odd but I think she looks great. I saw her on Saturday Live Kitchen and all she kept talking about was weight watchers, forgetting she was on there to promote her new album. I hope she isn't getting obsessed, but I think she's done well & i'm glad she's not gone too skinny. She still has her curves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a new advert the other day and she looked skinnier but that could be because she was wearing black lol. I'm not saying she looks bad at all, just that people (not just Jennifer) become too obsessed with being skinny and can sometimes take it too far.

    It's true it's not easy being a star and like any human I'm sure they have their ups and downs. I do think the media can be harsh on celebs sometimes but I also think if they can't take it they shouldn't be in that industry.

    I hear a lot of people saying they wouldn't mind being rich but allow being famous. That would be perfect lol.

    Might put a before pic up for you later Sabs x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dining Table Heaven!!

My absolute favourite piece of furniture at the moment is my custom made dining table. I’ve talked about getting a dining table for about three years and last year I finally got this beauty. Massive thank you to Blacker and Oak who custom made this for me. Check them out on Instagram (link below) and Etsy (search Blacker and Oak).  Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/blackerandoak

Yes I keep up with the Kardashians and no I’m not ashamed!!

I’m going to make a bold statement! Are you ready...? I love Keeping up with the Kardashians!!!   Honestly I do and I’ve found over the years that many people share my healthy obsession with the family but like me, they kind of keep it under wraps. I’ve also found that people who don’t like the Kardashians, think it’s okay to belittle those of us who do but I’m sorry that’s just not kool (see what I did there 😉).  Why do you love the Kardashians I hear you cry. Well personally I work in a very tense environment and to be honest, before I started my current job 6 years ago, I had never even watched the Kardashians. One of my peers was totally in to Kim K and the rest of the family and because of her, I thought I’d have a little watch and you know what....I’ve never looked back.  If you’re highly stressed about something or work in an intense environment like myself, sometimes you just need a break and that break can take many forms. Reading, meditating, writing, working out, watching t

Is it just me.....

.....or has fashion gone completely mad??? Like seriously, what are people thinking??? I have seen some absolutely shocking things out on road and I'm like, "do you not own a mirror in your yard, do you have no shame?" Let me elaborate on some of the things I'm talking about.....well one of the things and let me tell you, in the words of Peter Griffin, it really "grinds my gears". Are you ready? It's LEGGINGS!!! Now ladies, leggings are NOT, I repeat NOT trousers and therefore should not be worn as such. When the fashion of wearing leggings first came on to the scene, they were modelled as under garments, to be worn under long tops or jumpers. I now see people wearing these things as trousers, with short tops, their big old VPL and stripy knickers out of door with their big asses just wobbling about the place. The only time it is acceptable to wear leggings with a short top is if you're out running, in the gym or in a dance studio!!! Now that