Skip to main content

My Mini Facial

I often get complimented on how clear my skin looks and how fresh faced I always appear to be. From a young age I had very problematic skin. As I've gotten older I've done a lot of skin research. I've discovered that I have combination skin and an oily t-zone and now that I know what skin type I have I can buy the best products for my skin.

This is a tell all on my morning facial routine.

Step 1: Prep (cleansing and moisturisation)

It was never easy to find a product that worked well with my skin. I've used olay, Avon products, no.7, nivea and palmers cocoa butter, none of which really did anything for me. A friend suggested I try Neutrogena's visibly clear range, which turned out to be my little skin saver.


I first wash my face using their gentle exfoliating wash. Now I can't use exfoliators because they make my face breakout in spots. As the exfoliating beads in this product are so much smaller than normal, it does not have that affect on me. I then cleanse my face using the neutrogena spot stress control cleanser. It smells lovely and contains green tea and cucumber. It makes your face feel so fresh after applying. I then moisturise using the oil free moisturiser from the same range. As I said I have a very oily t-zone so an oil free moisturiser is just what I need.

With this combination of facial treats I've noticed I don't get spots, my skin is clear and any little blemishes on my skin quickly fade.

Step 2: Priming


To protect my face just that little bit more from becoming shiny, I use l'oreal studio secrets primer. This primer is air whipped and feels so light on the skin. It gives your face that matte finish and you don't even need to apply make up on top of it. It makes your skin appear smooth and fresh. Experts say that you should always wear a good base under your make up whether it be a good moisturiser, primer or both.

Step 3: Make up application


I use MACs concealer to cover up those dark circles and a translucent powder from a new make up company called Inglot. A friend and I actually discovered Inglot because the service in MAC westfield was so bad (and yes I did complain lol). I apply the powder using a small brush and never applying too much. I also sometimes wear a blusher also purchased from Inglot and again, never too much. 



Step 4: The Cleanup


As soon as I get in I wipe my face clean using neutrogena's daily facial wipes, also from the visibly clear range. These cleansing wipes clear your face of all make up and dirt and also leave your face feeling so soft. There's no need to apply any cream after using it. I also use an eye make up remover by superdrug. Nothing fancy but it does the job.

And that's it. The secrets behind my fresh faced, youthful-ish look. I really shouldn't complain too much about my oily t-zone. Apparently those with oily skin will have better skin as they age. No lines or looseness for me *bbmdancing* lol.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dining Table Heaven!!

My absolute favourite piece of furniture at the moment is my custom made dining table. I’ve talked about getting a dining table for about three years and last year I finally got this beauty. Massive thank you to Blacker and Oak who custom made this for me. Check them out on Instagram (link below) and Etsy (search Blacker and Oak).  Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/blackerandoak

Yes I keep up with the Kardashians and no I’m not ashamed!!

I’m going to make a bold statement! Are you ready...? I love Keeping up with the Kardashians!!!   Honestly I do and I’ve found over the years that many people share my healthy obsession with the family but like me, they kind of keep it under wraps. I’ve also found that people who don’t like the Kardashians, think it’s okay to belittle those of us who do but I’m sorry that’s just not kool (see what I did there 😉).  Why do you love the Kardashians I hear you cry. Well personally I work in a very tense environment and to be honest, before I started my current job 6 years ago, I had never even watched the Kardashians. One of my peers was totally in to Kim K and the rest of the family and because of her, I thought I’d have a little watch and you know what....I’ve never looked back.  If you’re highly stressed about something or work in an intense environment like myself, sometimes you just need a break and that break can take many forms. Reading, meditating, writing, working out, watching t

Rated R (for Random)

I looked up on the tube this morning and all of a sudden panic struck.  OMG I forgot to put on my eyeliner!!!  It's so weird I use to be scared to wear the stuff in case I stabbed myself in the eye with it (I have a fear of eyes - don't ask lol) and now I can't live without it!!!  I suppose this has highlighted one of my insecurities. I can't go out without my eyeliner.  It's an extension of me but it shouldn't be.  I should be able to wander the streets of London completely fresh faced.  Maybe one day, when I'm 80 :-) x