Skip to main content

Judge Me Not

I've never understood overly religious people. I'm not saying its a bad thing to be religious of course I'm not but what I don't understand is why these people seem to think it is their RIGHT to look down their noses and judge other people.

As far as I know the only one who can judge us at the end of the day is God, so when did it become acceptable for any Tom, Dick and Harry to start passing judgement on others?

What people fail to realise is that we are not judged on our physical as such but by our intentions, our spiritual self and our hearts. You may look at a person and not believe they are necessarily religious based on how they are dressed but what do you know of that persons heart? You know nothing.

This person could be the type who devotes all of their time to helping their sick grand parents, or doing things for the poor in their community. These are acts of kindness, acts of a person with a compassionate heart. A good heart.

You don't need to ram your beliefs down people's throats for them to see you are a man/woman of faith. So because you are shouting the loudest you are the best Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jew? No!! So because you've just read a chapter from your holy book, you think you now know it all and this gives you the right to judge the person next to you? No!!

I'm not the type of person to sit back and tell every one they're going to hell for one reason or another because a, it's not my place and b, I'm not perfect myself so how dare I preach to or judge another.

Nobody has any right to judge another person because you do not know what is in that persons heart and more importantly it is not your place. Concentrate on bettering yourself and worry less about condemning others. If you really want to help them, show them through your GOOD actions. After all.....actions speak louder than words.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. if they were religious they wudnt judge. they are fanatics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dining Table Heaven!!

My absolute favourite piece of furniture at the moment is my custom made dining table. I’ve talked about getting a dining table for about three years and last year I finally got this beauty. Massive thank you to Blacker and Oak who custom made this for me. Check them out on Instagram (link below) and Etsy (search Blacker and Oak).  Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/blackerandoak

Yes I keep up with the Kardashians and no I’m not ashamed!!

I’m going to make a bold statement! Are you ready...? I love Keeping up with the Kardashians!!!   Honestly I do and I’ve found over the years that many people share my healthy obsession with the family but like me, they kind of keep it under wraps. I’ve also found that people who don’t like the Kardashians, think it’s okay to belittle those of us who do but I’m sorry that’s just not kool (see what I did there 😉).  Why do you love the Kardashians I hear you cry. Well personally I work in a very tense environment and to be honest, before I started my current job 6 years ago, I had never even watched the Kardashians. One of my peers was totally in to Kim K and the rest of the family and because of her, I thought I’d have a little watch and you know what....I’ve never looked back.  If you’re highly stressed about something or work in an intense environment like myself, sometimes you just need a break and that break can take many forms. Reading, meditating, writing, working out, watching t

Rated R (for Random)

I looked up on the tube this morning and all of a sudden panic struck.  OMG I forgot to put on my eyeliner!!!  It's so weird I use to be scared to wear the stuff in case I stabbed myself in the eye with it (I have a fear of eyes - don't ask lol) and now I can't live without it!!!  I suppose this has highlighted one of my insecurities. I can't go out without my eyeliner.  It's an extension of me but it shouldn't be.  I should be able to wander the streets of London completely fresh faced.  Maybe one day, when I'm 80 :-) x