Skip to main content

I am Who I am & Yes I am Black!!

What would you say are the personality traits of a black person? Loud? Abrupt? Feisty? Rude? All of which are negative's but what positive words would you use to describe a black person? Can you think of any? Probably not.

I have been called a coconut because I do not hold any of the above typical traits but you know what, that doesn't phase me. I'd rather be called a coconut then known as someone who holds any of those traits.

Today I went as far as to say: "I was raised right, that's why I don't behave like that" but should I really say that? Is it a parents fault if their child turns out this way because trust me, being any of the above is NOT something to be proud of. Unfortunately black people seem to think it is and are quite happy to laugh at any other black person who doesn't behave in that way.

Growing up I spent most of my time with Asian people and this was probably due to the fact that I am Muslim. Many would say I am how I am because of that but I don't think so. I am how I am because that's how God made me. I come from a quiet family and even those of my family who grew up with other black children have a similar personality to me so yea, maybe it does have something to do with how we were raised. For that reason, I make no apology for saying "you weren't raised right".

The colour of your skin should not be an excuse for you to behave like an animal. Our ancestors fought long and hard for us to be where we are today and by behaving in this negative way we're not showing them our gratitude and we're only making things harder for ourselves. How do you expect to be respected if you're carrying on like an eediyat?

I am proud of who I am. I was raised within a loving family. I have really good friends, all of whom have helped shape me in to the woman I am today. I'm not rude. I'm not obnoxious. I'm not abrupt but I am black. I am proud that I do not fit the typical negative stereotype of a black person. God has made me this way. I am everly grateful for that and I make no apologies to anybody.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. simply i hate using this word but it has to be used CLASS. many many manyblack pple are not like this cus they come from a family with values and class. sadly many black pple in this country come from some rough backgrounds. its nothing to do with being around asain pple i agree. cus both my families and my in laws are not like this. we are loud yes but greek pple are loud, italian and spanish pple and so are arabs. its only western countries that are so resevered. but just cus we may be loud dont mean we are rude. in every culture u get the rough ones sadly many of them live in this country :( and then u get the sad ones that try to act all ghetto cus they think thats what bklack is. erm no its not thats just treah no matter what colour

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dining Table Heaven!!

My absolute favourite piece of furniture at the moment is my custom made dining table. I’ve talked about getting a dining table for about three years and last year I finally got this beauty. Massive thank you to Blacker and Oak who custom made this for me. Check them out on Instagram (link below) and Etsy (search Blacker and Oak).  Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/blackerandoak

Yes I keep up with the Kardashians and no I’m not ashamed!!

I’m going to make a bold statement! Are you ready...? I love Keeping up with the Kardashians!!!   Honestly I do and I’ve found over the years that many people share my healthy obsession with the family but like me, they kind of keep it under wraps. I’ve also found that people who don’t like the Kardashians, think it’s okay to belittle those of us who do but I’m sorry that’s just not kool (see what I did there 😉).  Why do you love the Kardashians I hear you cry. Well personally I work in a very tense environment and to be honest, before I started my current job 6 years ago, I had never even watched the Kardashians. One of my peers was totally in to Kim K and the rest of the family and because of her, I thought I’d have a little watch and you know what....I’ve never looked back.  If you’re highly stressed about something or work in an intense environment like myself, sometimes you just need a break and that break can take many forms. Reading, meditating, writing, working out, watching t

Is it just me.....

.....or has fashion gone completely mad??? Like seriously, what are people thinking??? I have seen some absolutely shocking things out on road and I'm like, "do you not own a mirror in your yard, do you have no shame?" Let me elaborate on some of the things I'm talking about.....well one of the things and let me tell you, in the words of Peter Griffin, it really "grinds my gears". Are you ready? It's LEGGINGS!!! Now ladies, leggings are NOT, I repeat NOT trousers and therefore should not be worn as such. When the fashion of wearing leggings first came on to the scene, they were modelled as under garments, to be worn under long tops or jumpers. I now see people wearing these things as trousers, with short tops, their big old VPL and stripy knickers out of door with their big asses just wobbling about the place. The only time it is acceptable to wear leggings with a short top is if you're out running, in the gym or in a dance studio!!! Now that