Skip to main content

Real Talk

There's a saying in life that goes: you live and you learn and it's so true. Well for me anyway. I like to think that I've learned from my mistakes. I learned allsorts from my parents, I learned at school, I learn from friends and I even learn at work but what I don't understand is other people. Why has nobody learned the basics in life, like manners and cleanliness. Let me take you back to the start of my day..........

..........So I'm at the tube station waiting for my train. The train is pulling in to the station and the next thing I know there's a woman pressed right up against me, right by the platform edge, invading my personal space. Why? She's spotted the only free seat in the carriage and she wants it to be hers. Obviously I'm thinking "errr nah", I was here first. What happened to queuing in this country? Anyway she barges me to get on and sit down. Two seconds later a pregnant lady gets on and is looking at her as if to say "move bitch, get out the way", so she gets up. I tried to keep the smirk off my face and the taunting laugh inside me but I couldn't help it. I laughed out loud. Needless to say she stomped off in a strop. She deserved to stand as far as I was concerned and I felt like the majority of the carriage felt the same way.

My next gripe of the day is kinda sick. If any of my readers are of a squeamish nature I suggest you skip to the next paragraph. Here goes......everyday I am shocked at the state of the ladies toilets at work. I always thought women were meant to be more hygienic than men. Kind of a stereotype in this day and age I know but still. What's it all about ladies? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to use a toilet covered in crap (you can use your imagination on what kinds of crap I'm referring to, dont wanna be too vulgar lol). We've got to keep things fresh ladies. Keep them clean. Let's not put our sex to shame now and not because we're supposed to be cleaner than men but because we should take pride in ourselves.

My last gripe of the day involves my journey home, whereby a lovely lady asked my friend and I to "excuse" her, only to barge in to us anyway. I might point out however that we were not in her way at all and she clearly had enough space to pass us. As you can imagine I had a few choice words for her!

A friend of mine always use to say he couldn't stand humans and I always thought him harsh but I can completely understand why he would feel that way. Nobody cares about anything or anyone other than themselves. Nobody has good old fashioned manners anymore and it's actually pretty sad. I never want to become that person. That selfish being. I know I'm not completely selfless. I don't think there is anybody who can honestly say that they are but basic manners and courtesy. Surely it's not that hard. Why is it so hard for people to just be nice?!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dining Table Heaven!!

My absolute favourite piece of furniture at the moment is my custom made dining table. I’ve talked about getting a dining table for about three years and last year I finally got this beauty. Massive thank you to Blacker and Oak who custom made this for me. Check them out on Instagram (link below) and Etsy (search Blacker and Oak).  Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/blackerandoak

Yes I keep up with the Kardashians and no I’m not ashamed!!

I’m going to make a bold statement! Are you ready...? I love Keeping up with the Kardashians!!!   Honestly I do and I’ve found over the years that many people share my healthy obsession with the family but like me, they kind of keep it under wraps. I’ve also found that people who don’t like the Kardashians, think it’s okay to belittle those of us who do but I’m sorry that’s just not kool (see what I did there 😉).  Why do you love the Kardashians I hear you cry. Well personally I work in a very tense environment and to be honest, before I started my current job 6 years ago, I had never even watched the Kardashians. One of my peers was totally in to Kim K and the rest of the family and because of her, I thought I’d have a little watch and you know what....I’ve never looked back.  If you’re highly stressed about something or work in an intense environment like myself, sometimes you just need a break and that break can take many forms. Reading, meditating, writing, working out, watching t

Is it just me.....

.....or has fashion gone completely mad??? Like seriously, what are people thinking??? I have seen some absolutely shocking things out on road and I'm like, "do you not own a mirror in your yard, do you have no shame?" Let me elaborate on some of the things I'm talking about.....well one of the things and let me tell you, in the words of Peter Griffin, it really "grinds my gears". Are you ready? It's LEGGINGS!!! Now ladies, leggings are NOT, I repeat NOT trousers and therefore should not be worn as such. When the fashion of wearing leggings first came on to the scene, they were modelled as under garments, to be worn under long tops or jumpers. I now see people wearing these things as trousers, with short tops, their big old VPL and stripy knickers out of door with their big asses just wobbling about the place. The only time it is acceptable to wear leggings with a short top is if you're out running, in the gym or in a dance studio!!! Now that