Skip to main content

Cyprus: The Conclusion

My regular blog readers know that I was in two minds about going on this journey from my earlier blog entry Me vs. Me. Cyprus for me is a spiritual retreat because it is where my spiritual guide resides. I didn't go to sunbathe or party. I went to work on my ego, reflect and strengthen my faith.

When we got there we were immediately hit by tests and these tests were the reason we had been apprehensive about this journey in the first place. Thankfully we overcame them all. We learned how to deal with certain situations and simply say "this was meant be". It wasn't easy and some tests I'm sure we failed but we learned from them.

Cyprus has been an emotional rollercoaster for me. I'm even finding it hard to write this blog entry without bursting in to tears. I went from not wanting to go, counting down the days to leave, to not wanting to come home at all. I met some amazing and wonderful characters from all over the world (some were not so wonderful but that's a different entry) and I think I got from this trip exactly what I needed. I feel uplifted. I feel blessed. I feel happy. I feel emotional. I feel amazing and that is the beauty of my Islam.

I am so thankful for the blessings I have been given and hope that I can continue some of the practices I picked up whilst I was there.

Thank you all for reading and joining me on this journey. I wish you all peace, love and happiness. Be blessed x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you're back (I've missed you!) but sorry that you couldnt stay there longer :-(

    I want to know everything! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Ree, missed you too. I wouldn't have said this in the beginning but I wish I could have stayed longer myself. I will bore you with stories tomorrow lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. cyprus is full of surprises, im still contemplating on it all.

    wooo hoo looks like i can type on her again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dining Table Heaven!!

My absolute favourite piece of furniture at the moment is my custom made dining table. I’ve talked about getting a dining table for about three years and last year I finally got this beauty. Massive thank you to Blacker and Oak who custom made this for me. Check them out on Instagram (link below) and Etsy (search Blacker and Oak).  Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/blackerandoak

Yes I keep up with the Kardashians and no I’m not ashamed!!

I’m going to make a bold statement! Are you ready...? I love Keeping up with the Kardashians!!!   Honestly I do and I’ve found over the years that many people share my healthy obsession with the family but like me, they kind of keep it under wraps. I’ve also found that people who don’t like the Kardashians, think it’s okay to belittle those of us who do but I’m sorry that’s just not kool (see what I did there 😉).  Why do you love the Kardashians I hear you cry. Well personally I work in a very tense environment and to be honest, before I started my current job 6 years ago, I had never even watched the Kardashians. One of my peers was totally in to Kim K and the rest of the family and because of her, I thought I’d have a little watch and you know what....I’ve never looked back.  If you’re highly stressed about something or work in an intense environment like myself, sometimes you just need a break and that break can take many forms. Reading, meditating, writing, working out, watching t

Rated R (for Random)

I looked up on the tube this morning and all of a sudden panic struck.  OMG I forgot to put on my eyeliner!!!  It's so weird I use to be scared to wear the stuff in case I stabbed myself in the eye with it (I have a fear of eyes - don't ask lol) and now I can't live without it!!!  I suppose this has highlighted one of my insecurities. I can't go out without my eyeliner.  It's an extension of me but it shouldn't be.  I should be able to wander the streets of London completely fresh faced.  Maybe one day, when I'm 80 :-) x