Skip to main content

10 Reasons Why I Hate the Tube

My friends and family all know how much I hate travelling by tube in London. It is one of the hardest tasks in our day to day lives and one of the biggest tests you will ever face. If you can survive an entire tube journey with a smile on your face and not one negative thought about where you are and the people around you, then you deserve 3 gold medals.

These are the 10 reasons I hate the tube (and there's probably more).

1. When the tube is packed and people tell you to move down. First of all where do you expect me to move to and second why should I move? I'm quite comfortable where I am. If you want to squeeze up in this teeny tiny space your more than welcome to come and try.

2. When you're sitting on one of those fold down chairs and somebody with a back pack or newspaper gets on and stands over you. Dude, why is your bag/newspaper in my face? Take it off and put it on the floor between your legs and stop reading because if this train jerks forward and you fall on me, there will be hell to pay. Which leads me to...

3. Why do people insist on reading whilst standing? See above for why I don't think there's any logic in this. Newspapers are worse. There's no space here. How do you have space to turn pages of a newspaper?

4. I know we're not as advanced as some places in the world. Unfortunately we haven't got air con on our trains. It's roasting down here, why don't people open the window? It might not be clean air but at least it's a breeze. Just make sure you wash your face when you get home. Underground air is a free radical that causes wrinkles, spots and bad skin. Good skin care is essential if you travel by tube.

5. People a hugging and a kissing in the ramo carriage. Do that at home people. We really don't need your love and happiness squashed in the tube with us.

6. Now this one might be a little sexist but you know what I don't care. I'm an old fashioned girl (not so much emphasis on the old). I can't stand men who barge you to get a seat on the train. What happened to ladies first? From when I see a guy doing that I'm thinking "thank God I haven't ended up with a man like you". Which brings me to...

7. Why do people insist on boarding the train before passengers have gotten off? It makes no sense. Just wait a second, it really isn't going to make much of a difference.

8. Germs are rife in the UK, what with the swine flu epidemic. So knowing this, why oh why do people insist upon coughing and sneezing without covering their mouths? Further more when they do cover their mouths they don't wipe their hands first they put their hands on the bar. That's just nasty. I've got enough germs of my own, I don't need anymore thank you.

9. Why do people feel the need to stare on the train. I know we're underground so there isn't really any nice scenery to look at (unless there's a mighty fine brother on board) but come on people, have some basic manners its rude to stare and if your caught gaping at someone the least you could do is smile at them. It's not hard and it's free :-)

10. Now this is one of my biggest peeves on the tube after the pushing and the shoving and the arse to groin action you have to put up with. My biggest peeve on the tube is people who don't know how to hold their gas. Now I'm sorry but 99% of people on the tube in the morning are adults. Therefore they should have mastered the technique of holding in their wind. Unfortunately they seem to think it's ok to let one go. Just like that. Underground. Where do they think it's going to go? We're in an air tight container with no ventilation. Obviously the smell is going to linger. Maybe they think if they pass wind on the tube nobody will know the stench has come from them. It could be anybody. Whatever the reason though it's still disgusting and there should be laws against farting on the train or in any public space populated with people who are not your family or close friends.

So there you have it. My 10 reasons why I hate the tube. Please feel free to add some of your own peeves. It may jog my memory to some other reasons I may have forgotten.

Well tomorrow is another day with another tube journey to enjoy. I wonder what joys I will experience. Yippee lol.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. LOL that last one made me laugh so hard! Its so true!!! The other evening I had to shuffle off to the other side of the carriage cos of the guy next to me. He farted, then after a few seconds he looked back at me worried lol YUK

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also hate when pple put their bags on the seat, then its such a hassle for them to move it.

    i also cant stand when I'm sitting down reading my thing and the person next to me has to have a read as well

    also when the person standing or sitting next to me has music soooooo loud that i feel like im wearing the head phones aswell

    also when pple are getting of the train and just puuuuuuuuuuuuush u out of the way instead of excuse me

    oh oh oh and the most annoying is when some stupid big guy rest his whole back on the pole so u cant hold on to it kmt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol wow Mars you've got some serious tube peeves there. I ave to admit those things annoy me too and Ree....that's just nasty!!! Good for you being brave enough to move. I think some people would be worried to move so as not to cause offence. I'm sorry, I would've moved with you girl lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dining Table Heaven!!

My absolute favourite piece of furniture at the moment is my custom made dining table. I’ve talked about getting a dining table for about three years and last year I finally got this beauty. Massive thank you to Blacker and Oak who custom made this for me. Check them out on Instagram (link below) and Etsy (search Blacker and Oak).  Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/blackerandoak

Yes I keep up with the Kardashians and no I’m not ashamed!!

I’m going to make a bold statement! Are you ready...? I love Keeping up with the Kardashians!!!   Honestly I do and I’ve found over the years that many people share my healthy obsession with the family but like me, they kind of keep it under wraps. I’ve also found that people who don’t like the Kardashians, think it’s okay to belittle those of us who do but I’m sorry that’s just not kool (see what I did there 😉).  Why do you love the Kardashians I hear you cry. Well personally I work in a very tense environment and to be honest, before I started my current job 6 years ago, I had never even watched the Kardashians. One of my peers was totally in to Kim K and the rest of the family and because of her, I thought I’d have a little watch and you know what....I’ve never looked back.  If you’re highly stressed about something or work in an intense environment like myself, sometimes you just need a break and that break can take many forms. Reading, meditating, writing, working out, watching t

Is it just me.....

.....or has fashion gone completely mad??? Like seriously, what are people thinking??? I have seen some absolutely shocking things out on road and I'm like, "do you not own a mirror in your yard, do you have no shame?" Let me elaborate on some of the things I'm talking about.....well one of the things and let me tell you, in the words of Peter Griffin, it really "grinds my gears". Are you ready? It's LEGGINGS!!! Now ladies, leggings are NOT, I repeat NOT trousers and therefore should not be worn as such. When the fashion of wearing leggings first came on to the scene, they were modelled as under garments, to be worn under long tops or jumpers. I now see people wearing these things as trousers, with short tops, their big old VPL and stripy knickers out of door with their big asses just wobbling about the place. The only time it is acceptable to wear leggings with a short top is if you're out running, in the gym or in a dance studio!!! Now that